In streets, squares and car parks – municipal property, in specially designated places a payment parking system
“Business subscription”, may apply, from Monday to Sunday
from 9:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m., which is charged at a rate specified in APPENDIX 2 TO THE ORDINANCE ON DETERMINATION AND ADMINISTERING OF LOCAL FEES AND PRICES FOR SERVICES WITHIN THE TERRITORY OF VARNA MUNICIPALITY /ODALFPSTVM/
“Business subscription” paid parking system is allowed for owners, users and/or tenants of non-residential properties only.
Upon detection of an illegally parked vehicle in a parking space designated with a permanent road sign within the
“Business subscription” area, pursuant to the Order under Article 30(2) of the Mayor of Varna Municipality, the concerned vehicle may be forcefully removed according to the procedure of Article 6, para. “b” of the Ordinance on Forceful Relocation of Vehicles by use of technical means “tow-truck” within the territory of Varna Municipality and the driver or owner of the vehicle shall cover the costs of the forceful relocation and safekeeping in a dedicated car park.
An application for “Business subscription” is submitted to the headquarters of the Municipal Enterprise “Municipal Car Parks and Blue Zone”, Paid Car Parks and Business Subscription Department – 26 Tsar Simeon I Str.
Price rates for paid parking under business subscription:
- for zone “Centre” - p. 1 of Appendix No. 3 of the Ordinance on Traffic Organization in the Territory of Varna Municipality (OTOTVM) – BGN 350 per month, inclusive of VAT or BGN 3850, inclusive of VAT for 12 months.
- for zone “Wider Centre” - p. 2 of Appendix No. 3 of the Ordinance on Traffic Organization in the Territory of Varna Municipality (OTOTVM) – BGN 300 per month, inclusive of VAT or BGN 3300 inclusive of VAT for 12 months.
- for all streets and squares - municipal property outside the scope of Appendix No. 3 of OTOTVM - BGN 120 per month, inclusive of VAT or BGN 1320, inclusive of VAT for 12 months.
End-of-life motor vehicles /EOLMV/
Pursuant to the Ordinance on Waste Management in the Territory of Varna Municipality / 2016, an end-of-life vehicle shall be a vehicle whose technical inspection mark has not been certified for over 2 /two/ years as of the scheduled date for the next inspection of its technical worthiness, if it is located on state or municipal property.
In the course of exercising control on end-of-life vehicles /EOLMV/ the following documents shall be prepared:
- Checklist – every completed inspection of motor vehicles is recorded with a description of: inspection date, make, colour, registration number
/if any/, location and condition of the motor vehicle.
- Statement of findings – prepared in two copies by an operative employee in the presence of one witness. It shall include date, make, colour, registration number, if any, the location and the violation made by the end-of-life motor vehicle. Photographic material is used as an element of the documentation. The compiled statements of findings are entered in specially prepared registers.
- Based on letters received from regional police departments and regional administrations concerning the presence of vehicles with registration numbers which are in violation, an inspection shall be carried out and a statement of findings prepared.
Based on the respective certificates a list shall be made for checkup of the ownership in the Traffic Police Department (KAT) where the vehicles have their license plates installed in the designated places.
An invitation to the owners which shall include the full names, address as per reference by KAT, make and license plate number of the vehicle, date and time of appearance in connection with a prescript regarding the violation.
Upon appearance of the owner of the EOLMV the statement of findings is delivered for signature to the person responsible for the identified violation and he/she is given a 14-day term to remedy it, receives a copy of the statement and fills in a declaration. During a subsequent inspection after expiry of the term and if no measures are taken for remedy of the violation on behalf of the owner, the vehicle shall be recovered to the municipal car park for EOLMV.
In the case of non-appearance on the prescribed date or return of the invitation together with the return receipt on the basis on the respective statements a sticker is placed on the identified EOLMV – a prescript regarding the violation, and a 14-day time period commences for the forceful relocation of the EOLMV. In these cases the order for the forceful relocation of the vehicle shall come into effect 15 days after publication on the notice board and the webpage of the Varna Municipality.
Motor vehicles, whose license plates are not available in the dedicated places, after preparation of the statement of findings shall be repatriated to the municipal car park for EOLMV.
Upon entry of the motor vehicles in the municipal car park for EOLMV they shall be issued a checklist statement based on a visual inspection with entries of date, names of the commission members, make, colour, registration number if any, and the address from which the motor vehicle was repatriated. These shall be entered in a special electronic and paper register of the repatriated EOLMV.
To receive an already repatriated EOLMV it is necessary to prove your ownership over it. The owner or a person thereby authorized shall present an identity card and registration certificate of the vehicle and then fill in an application for receipt of the vehicle. The costs incurred in connection with the relocation and safekeeping of the vehicle shall be covered by the owner of the vehicle which may be detained until payment of those costs. The amount for recovery of the costs of repatriation and safekeeping of EOLMV are determined by a decision of the Municipal Council – Varna. A cash receipt is issued for the paid amount.
Upon appearance of the owner or the person designated thereby the checklist statement shall be presented for signature and a declaration is to be filled in for receipt of the vehicle where the subsequent actions to be taken in regard of the EOLMV shall be entered.
EOLMV shall be handed over to a scrapping center of a subcontractor of an organization for utilization of EOLMVs for scrapping not earlier than three months as of the date of its receipt in the municipal car park for EOLMV.
The handover of the EOLMVs by the municipal car park for EOLMV to a scrapping center shall take place after signing of a handover certificate prepared on the basis of a checklist statement on the condition of the EOLMV by a commission appointed under an order of the Director of the municipal enterprise Municipal Car Parks and Blue Zone. The commission is comprised of two employees of the municipal enterprise Municipal Car Parks and Blue Zone and an employee of the scrapping center.
After the handover of the EOLMV to a scrapping center, the Director of the municipal enterprise Municipal Car Parks and Blue Zone notifies in writing the Traffic Police unit with the Regional Directorate of the Ministry of Interior – Varna or the Regional Directorate of the Ministry of Interior by place of registration of the motor vehicle.
The costs made for relocation of the vehicle shall be covered by the owner of the vehicle which may be detained until payment of those costs and the charge for safekeeping of the relocated vehicle shall accrue as of the time of notification of the district police department.
By decision No. 1744-4/2014 of the Varna Municipal Council the following price rates have been adopted:
- Repatriation of end-of-life vehicles and provision of assistance to natural persons and legal entities:
- Central zone, Asparuhovo Residential District – BGN 22.
- Residential Districts Zone, with coverage: Chaika Residential District, Levski Residential District, Mladost Residential District, Troshevo Residential District, Vazrazhdane Residential District, Pobeda Residential District, Izgrev Residential District, Galata Residential District and St. Ivan Rilski Residential District – BGN 25.
- Suburban area – Vladislav Varnenchik Residential District, Vinitsa Residential District, Briz Residential District and all settlement formations – BGN 27.